Ellen M. Campbell, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Pediatric Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's
The University of Texas at Austin, MSN, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
The University of Texas at Austin, BA, Biology and French
Ellen M. Campbell, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, is a licensed pediatric psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children, a clinical partnership between Dell Children's Medical Center and UT Health Austin. She specializes in working with patients who have experienced traumatic events though her practice is comprehensive in treatment of mood disorders, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and psychotic disorders. Additionally, Ellen M. Campbell is an advanced psychiatric nurse practitioner and health professional specialist in the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Ellen M. Campbell earned her master’s in nursing at The University of Texas at Austin, where she completed a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner program. Her master’s research focused on the practical applications and barriers to screening for adverse childhood events in various healthcare settings, and her training focused on acute inpatient psychiatric care and family systems therapy. She is trained in diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, management of psychiatric medications, and various therapy modalities.
Ellen M. Campbell formerly served as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) with the SAFE alliance. Her clinical interests include working with pediatric patients and transition-aged youth as well as survivors of sexual trauma and human trafficking.
Ellen M. Campbell is a pediatric psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner with UT Health Austin.
- Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Depression and mood disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Suicidal ideation and self-harming behaviors
- Trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certification with Prescriptive Authority
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Registered Nurse
Awards & Honors
- Dell Medical School Integrated Behavioral Health Scholar
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing