Igor Areinamo, MD
Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Intensivist, Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
University of Medicine and Health Science, Basseterre, Saint Kitts, MD
Residency, Pediatrics, Navicent Health Medical Center/Mercer University
Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, Primary Children's Hospital/The University of Utah
Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care, Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas City
Igor Areinamo, MD, is a board-certified pediatric cardiac critical care intensivist in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in cardiac critical care. Additionally, Dr. Areinamo is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Areinamo earned his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Health Science in Basseterre, Saint Kitts in the Caribbean. He completed a residency in pediatrics at Navicent Health Medical Center/Mercer University, a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at Primary Children's Hospital/The University of Utah, and a second fellowship in pediatric critical care at Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas City.
Dr. Areinamo’s research interests include circulatory mechanical support, anticoagulation, and acquired heart disease. He has a strong interest in medical education.
Dr. Areinamo is a pediatric cardiac critical care intensivist with UT Health Austin.
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric critical care
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology
Awards & Honors
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Utah School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
- Outstanding Fellow Educator of the Year, Children’s Mercy Hospital Kansas City
- Oscar Spivey, MD, Child Advocacy Award, Navicent Health Medical Center