Jorge Ganem, MD
Pediatric Hospitalist, Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, MD
Residency, Pediatrics, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
Jorge Ganem, MD, is a board-certified pediatric hospitalist in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in the acute care of hospitalized children and the coordination of care of pediatric patients with complex medical conditions during their hospitalization. Additionally, Dr. Ganem is an associate professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Ganem earned his medical degree from The University of New Mexico School of Medicine. He completed a residency in pediatrics at Children’s Hospital Oakland, where he also served as chief resident. He is a graduate of the American Academy of Pediatrics Advancing Pediatric Educator Excellence Program (APEX).
Dr. Ganem serves as the Medical Director of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at Dell Children’s Medical Center. He is the Chair-Elect of the American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Hospital Medicine’s Task Force on Diversity and Inclusion. He is also an award-winning educator and has been recognized more than once by the Dell Medical School Pediatric Residency program as the outstanding pediatric faculty member of the year. He is an active researcher in inpatient quality improvement, health equity, and diversity, and he is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Society for Pediatric Sedation, the Texas Medical Association, and the Travis County Medical Society.
- Coordination of inpatient care
- Pediatric hospital medicine
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Patient Safety Teaching Champion, Dell Medical School
- Pediatric Faculty of the Year, Dell Medical School
- Outstanding Faculty Clinical Teacher, The University of New Mexico School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
- Stanley H. Higashino, MD, Award for Clinical Excellence Throughout Residency, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland