University of Florida College of Pharmacy, PharmD
Florida State University, BS
Residency, Pharmacy, UF Health Shands Hospital
Residency, Pediatric Pharmacy, UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital
Lucas Francisco Diaz, PharmD, is a licensed pharmacist in the Pediatric Abdominal Transplant Center, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in pharmaceutical consultation and coordination for pediatric kidney transplant patients.
Dr. Diaz earned his pharmacy degree from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy and his bachelor’s in science from Florida State University. He completed a residency in pharmacy practice at UF Health Shands Hospital and an additional residency in pediatric pharmacy practice at UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Diaz has extensive clinical pharmacy experience and has collaborated on research and presented at conferences nationally. His clinical and research interests include pediatric nephrology, cardiology, anticoagulation, medication safety, and transitions of care. He participates in the mentorship and training of pharmacy students and residents as part of the Ascension Seton Pharmacy Residency Program. He is a member of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, the American Pharmacists Association, and the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
Dr. Diaz is a pharmacist with Ascension Medical Group.
- Clinical pharmacy
- Pediatric pharmacotherapy
- Transplant pharmacotherapy
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy, Licensed Pharmacist
Awards & Honors
- Best Practices in Professionalism Award, University of Florida College of Pharmacy
- Excellence in Pharmacotherapy Award, University of Florida College of Pharmacy
- Robert B. Stewart Award for Excellence in Clinical Pharmacy, University of Florida College of Pharmacy