Radek Bukowski, MD, PhD
Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist, Women's Health
Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland, MD
Freie Universitaet Berlin, PhD, Reproductive Sciences
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Fellowship, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Radek Bukowski, MD, is a fellowship-trained maternal-fetal medicine specialist in Women’s Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin. Additionally, Dr. Bukowski is a professor and serves as the Associate Chair for Investigation and Discovery in the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health.
Dr. Bukowski earned his medical degree from the University of Poznan in Poland and his doctorate in reproductive sciences from Freie Universitaet Berlin. He completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Poznan in Poland, a second residency at the Eastern Virginia Medical School, and a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.
Dr. Bukowski’s research focuses on preterm birth, stillbirth, long-term health consequences of adverse outcomes of pregnancy, and computational medicine. His publications have appeared in numerous journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, the Journal of the American Medical Association, Public Library of Science Medicine, and the British Medical Journal. He is also an internationally recognized expert in maternal-fetal medicine and has received numerous awards to include the prestigious March of Dimes award for Best Research in Prematurity.
Dr. Bukowski is a maternal-fetal medicine specialist with UT Health Austin.
- Computational medicine
- Optimal mode of delivery
- Preterm birth
- Vaginal birth after cesarean
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Best Research in Prematurity, March of Dimes Award
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologist
- Honorary Senior Visiting Fellow, Cambridge University
- President’s Award, Society for Gynecologic Investigation
- Research Excellence Award, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Research Excellence Award, Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Resident Academic Achievement Award, Eastern Virginia Medical School Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology