Valerie B. Galvan-Turner, MD
Gynecologic Oncologist, Women's Health
Gynecologic Oncologist, Livestrong Cancer Insitutes
Gynecologic Oncologist, Hereditary Cancer Screening and Risk Reduction
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, MD
The University of Texas at Austin, BA, Biology
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Valerie B. Galvan-Turner, MD, is a fellowship-trained gynecologic oncologist in both Women’s Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin, and UT Health Austin’s Livestrong Cancer Institutes. She is also a part of UT Health Austin’s CaLM Care Team. Additionally, Dr. Galvan-Turner is an assistant professor in both the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health and the Dell Medical School Department of Oncology.
Dr. Galvan-Turner earned her medical degree from The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and her bachelor’s in biology from The University of Texas at Austin. She completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and a fellowship in gynecologic oncology at the University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Galvan-Turner also provides gynecologic oncology services through the Ascension Seton Specialty Care Center. She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the Society of Gynecologic Oncology.
Dr. Galvan-Turner is a gynecologic oncologist with UT Health Austin.
- Gynecologic oncology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
Awards & Honors
- Excellence in Service Award for Outstanding Faculty Contribution to the Department, West Virginia University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Travel Award, NRG Oncology
- Edward Hannigan Surgical Skills Award, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Felix Rutledge Fellow, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- J. Taylor Wharton Award for Most Outstanding Resident in Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- National Faculty Award, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Resident Teaching Award, The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Young Investigator Travel Award, GOG Foundation