Alexandra Lamari-Fisher, PhD
Pediatric Psychologist, UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's
Pediatric Psychologist, Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
The University of Texas at Austin, PhD, Psychology
Internship, Pediatric Clinical Psychology, Texas Child Study Center
Alexandra Lamari-Fisher, PhD, is a licensed pediatric psychologist in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s, a clinical partnership between Dell Children's Medical Center and UT Health Austin, and serves as the psychosocial team lead for the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between UT Health Austin and Dell Children’s Medical Center. She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents, and families affected by pediatric and congenital heart disease. Additionally, Dr. Lamari-Fisher is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Lamari-Fisher earned her doctorate in psychology from The University of Texas at Austin. She completed an internship in pediatric clinical psychology at the Texas Child Study Center, a fellowship in integrated behavioral healthcare at The University of Texas at Austin, and a second fellowship in clinical psychology and research at Dell Children’s Medical Center. She is also certified in parent-child interaction therapy.
Dr. Lamari-Fisher’s research interests focus on using a risk and resiliency paradigm to identify both risk factors that may put patients and families at risk for developing mental health outcomes secondary to medical events and protective factors that may mitigate the negative effects. In October of 2019, she and a colleague were awarded 1st place in the Annual Abstract Competition, Cardiovascular (CV) Team Abstract, by the Texas Chapter of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Lamari-Fisher is a pediatric psychologist with UT Health Austin.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Exposure therapy
- Parent-child interaction therapy (PICT)
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT)
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council, Licensed Psychologist
- Parent-Child Interactive Therapy Certification
Awards & Honors
- Graduate Psychology Education Fellowship, Integrated Behavioral Healthcare Program, College of Education at The University of Texas at Austin
- Kennamer Endowed Presidential Scholarship, Department of Educational Psychology at The University of Texas at Austin
- Tereza Lozano Long Endowment Graduate Fellowship, Department of Educational Psychology at The University of Texas at Austin