Amber Matthews, MSN, APRN, CPNP-AC
Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
The University of Texas at Arlington, MSN
The University of Texas at Arlington, BSN
Amber Matthews, MSN, APRN, CPNP-AC is a licensed acute care pediatric nurse practitioner in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. Her special interests include neurodevelopmental outcomes after prolonged Cardiology Intensive Care Unit (CICU) admission and open heart surgery.
Amber Matthews earned her bachelor's degree in nursing and her master's degree in nursing from The University of Texas at Arlington. She has experience as a charge nurse in the CICU at Dell Children's where she now works as a nurse practitioner.
Amber Matthews is a licensed acute care pediatric nurse practitioner with UT Health Austin.
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes
- Open heart surgery
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Registered Nurse
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care
- American Heart Association, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
Awards & Honors
- Daisy Team Award, Dell Children's Medical Center, 2020
Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
Dell Children's Specialty Pavilion
4910 Mueller Blvd.
Austin, TX 78723
View On Map