Ankita Krishnan, PhD
Pediatric Psychologist, UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's
Conversational French, Hindi
Purdue University, PhD, Clinical Psychology
Southern Methodist University, BA, Psychology and French
Internship, Clinical Psychology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Ankita Krishnan, PhD, is a licensed pediatric psychologist in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's, a clinical partnership between Dell Children's Medical Center and UT Health Austin. She specializes in the treatment and assessment of children and adolescents with a range of concerns, including developmental, behavioral, emotional, and learning concerns (e.g., anxiety, depression, trauma, autism spectrum disorder, disruptive behaviors); behavior management training with parents and families; group therapy with children and adolescents; neurodevelopmental assessments; and evidence-based and culturally informed approaches in treatment with families. Additionally, Dr. Krishnan is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Krishnan earned her bachelor's degree in psychology and French from Southern Methodist University and her doctorate in clinical psychology from Purdue University. She completed an internship in clinical psychology at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and a post-doctoral fellowship in clinical child psychology at Austin Child Guidance Center. During her fellowship, she received specialized training in trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy as well as exposure and response prevention therapy.
Dr. Krishnan’s research interests include the intersection between culture and mental health, particularly in relation to perception of mental health, values, and stigma; cultural adjustment and acculturative stress among South Asian and East Asian populations; cultural humility and diversity scholarship; and parenting stress and acculturative conflict among South Asian mothers of children with neurodevelopmental disorders.
Dr. Krishnan is a pediatric psychologist with UT Health Austin.
- Behavioral and emotional concerns
- Child and adolescent anxiety
- Culturally informed treatment and assessment
- Child and adolescent depression
- Evidence-based treatments (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, exposure therapy)
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
- Parent management training/behavior management training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council, Licensed Psychologist
Awards & Honors
- Arthur F. Kreuger Research Scholarship, Purdue University
- Dr. James Linden Graduate Scholarship, Purdue University
- Michael Zoss Memorial Fund Fellowship, Purdue University
UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's
Dell Children's Medical Center
4900 Mueller Blvd.
Austin, TX 78723
View On Map