Hitesh Agrawal, MD
Interventional Cardiologist, Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal, MD
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, MBA
Residency, Pediatrics, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Fellowship, Interventional Catheterization, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Hitesh Agrawal, MD, is a board-certified interventional cardiologist in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, the clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in catheter-based interventions for small children and adults with complex congenital heart disease, transcatheter interventions for patients who have received a heart transplant, pulmonary vein stenosis, and the safety and reduction of complications in the catherization lab.
Dr. Agrawal earned his medical degree from B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Dharan, Nepal and his master’s in business from The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He completed a residency in pediatrics at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County as well as a fellowship in pediatric cardiology and a second fellowship in interventional cardiology at Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Agrawal is a practicing physician with Pediatric & Congenital Cardiology Associates of Texas. His research interests involve clinical outcomes of various congenital heart diseases, including congenital coronary anomalies. He is also interested in cost-effectiveness of transcatheter interventions for congenital heart disease and received the Best Oral Abstract Award at the 2020 Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) conference for his work titled “Role of transcatheter closure of PDA compared to surgical ligation in premature neonates: Clinical outcomes and cost analysis.” He is also a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association, the SCAI, and the Travis County Medical Society as well as other prestigious institutions.
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric interventional cardiology
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology
Awards & Honors
- Best Oral Abstract Award, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Dr. Robert M. Winslow Sponsorship
- Government of India Medical School Scholarship
- Finalist for the Outstanding Investigator Award at 2017 Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Department of Cardiology
- Merit Scholarship for Excellent Performance in Medical School Entrance Exam
- Scholarship for Physician Executive MBA Program
- Steven Goldberg “Best Teacher Award,” Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Cardiology Fellowship Program