Janet Wilson, MSN, CPNP-PC
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Center, UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s
The University of Texas at Austin, MSN, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care
Michigan State University, BSN
Janet Wilson, MSN, CPNP-PC, is a licensed pediatric nurse practitioner in the Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Center within UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s. She specializes in providing care for children with epilepsy, including those with new onset of seizures and those with difficult-to-control epilepsy. Additionally, Janet Wilson serves as the Advance Practice Nurse Manager for the Dell Medical School Department of Pediatric Neurology.
Janet Wilson earned her master’s in nursing with a focus in pediatric primary care from The University of Texas at Austin and her bachelor’s in nursing from Michigan State University. She also earned her primary care pediatric nurse practitioner certification.
Janet Wilson spent 9 years serving as a certified neonatal intensive care (NICU) nurse before completing her pediatric nurse practitioner certification and specializing in neurology and epilepsy. She helped developed Dell Children’s Ketogenic Diet Program, which promotes ketogenic diet therapy as an alternative treatment for epilepsy. She is passionate about global health and regularly travels to Kenya to provide epilepsy care. She routinely lectures at The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing, Dell Children’s Medical Center, and Kijabe Mission Hospital in Kenya. She is a member of the American Epilepsy Society, the Child Neurology Society, the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, and the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board.
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, Basic Course, Conflict of Interest
- American Heart Association, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- American Heart Association, Basic Life Support Certification
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Registered Nurse
Awards & Honors
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Phi Beta Kappa