Michigan State University, PhD, School Psychology
Baylor University, BA, Psychology
Internship, Pediatric Psychology, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Fellowship, Pediatric Psychology, Geisinger Health System
Jeffrey Shahidullah, PhD, is a licensed pediatric psychologist in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's, a clinical partnership between Dell Children's Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in behavioral interventions for managing attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and disruptive behavior disorders. Additionally, Dr. Shahidullah is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, an adjunct assistant professor in both The University of Texas at Austin Department of Educational Psychology and the Dell Medical School Department of Pediatrics, and a faculty affiliate in The University of Texas at Austin Center for Health Interprofessional Practice and Education.
Dr. Shahidullah earned his doctorate in school psychology from Michigan State University and his bachelor’s in psychology from Baylor University, where he also completed an educational specialist degree. He completed an internship in pediatric psychology at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and a fellowship in pediatric psychology at Geisinger Health System. While at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Dr. Shahidullah was a Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) fellow.
Dr. Shahidullah also serves patients and their families through the Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic, a specialty clinic at Dell Children's Medical Center. His clinical, research, and training interests pertain to integrating behavioral health services within schools and primary care settings. He is a productive researcher whose work has been published in peer-reviewed journals across many disciplines, including pediatrics, child and adolescent psychiatry, and school, clinical, and pediatric psychology. Dr. Shahidullah has authored or edited four books on the topics of school mental health, pediatric mental health, pediatric behavioral health care, and interprofessional care for autism spectrum disorders.
Dr. Shahidullah is a pediatric psychologist with UT Health Austin.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Disruptive behavior problems
- Feeding problems
- Pediatric sleep disorders
- School performance issues
- Toileting problems
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council, Licensed Psychologist
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists, Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Awards & Honors
- Children’s Wellbeing Initiative Pioneer Project Award, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Ashoka Changemaker
- Early Career Scholar, Society for the Study of School Psychology
- Meritorious Student Research and Evaluation Award, Collaborative Family Healthcare Association
News and Interviews
- American Academy of Pediatrics (December 20, 2021)
Dr. Shahidullah discusses how to speak with your child and their pediatrician about mental health concerns. Read more here.
- Dell Medical School (October 15, 2021)
Dr. Shahidullah shares information around supporting the education needs of youths with developmental disabilities. Read more here.
- Dell Medical School (September 28, 2021)
Dr. Shahidullah shares information around supporting the mental health of children and adolescents. Read more here.
- UT Health Austin (September 4, 2020)
Dr. Shahidullah shares tips on supporting your child’s mental and emotional health during COVID-19. Read more here.
- Resolve Magazine (March 17, 2020)
Dr. Shahidullah shares insights on how to find emotional connection during social distancing. Read more here.
- American Psychological Association (February 25, 2020)
Dr. Shahidullah co-authors a report released by the American Academy of Pediatrics that urges pediatricians to obtain more training in mental health. Read more here.
- Austin Family Magazine (November 2019)
Dr. Shahidullah shares advice for parents of children with mental disorders. Read more here.