West Virginia University School of Medicine, MD
The University of North Carolina, BA
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, St. Joseph Medical Center
John Harkins, MD, FACOG, is a board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist in both Women's Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin, and the Maternal Fetal Medicine, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in complex obstetrics and taking care of critically ill neonatal patients. Additionally, Dr. Harkins is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health.
Dr. Harkins earned his bachelor's degree from The University of North Carolina and his medical degree from the West Virginia University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at St. Joseph Medical Center.
Dr. Harkins currently serves as President and Chief Medical Officer of Ascension Medical Group – Texas’ Seton Family of Doctors and is the Chief Medical Officer for Ascension Medical Group’s University Physicians Group.
Dr. Harkins is an obstetrician-gynecologist with Ascension Medical Group Seton Women’s Health.
- Abnormal placental implantation
- Obstetrical surgery
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards & Honors
- Austin Monthly Top Doctor
- National Mentor Award, The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Outstanding Resident Laparoscopist, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Resident Teaching Award, St. Joseph Medical Center
- Top 10% Peer Reviewer, Obstetrics & Gynecology/Green Journal