Kari Whatley, MD
Pediatric Psychiatrist, UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, MD
Baylor University, BS, Biology With Chemistry Minor
Residency, Psychiatry, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center/Louisiana State University
Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Dell Medical School
Kari Whatley, MD, is a board-certified pediatric psychiatrist in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's, a clinical partnership between Dell Children's Medical Center and UT Health Austin. Additionally, Dr. Whatley is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Whatley earned her medical degree from The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and her bachelor’s in biology, with a minor in chemistry, from Baylor University. She completed a residency in psychiatry at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center and a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Dell Medical School.
Dr. Whatley is currently involved in a committee at Dell Children’s Medical Center, working on establishing a foundation of trauma-focused care hospital-wide. She is also involved in quality improvement projects, including improving evaluations within the Dell Medical School fellowship program and improving patient knowledge and access to resources in the community.
Dr. Whatley is a pediatric psychiatrist with UT Health Austin.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Awards & Honors
- Faculty of the Year, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Nomination for Senior Administrative Fellowship, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Quality and Safety Day Certificate for Research, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Research Award, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center Residency Program