Karla Maguire, MD, MPH
Obstetrician-Gynecologist, Women’s Health
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, MD
Columbia Mailman School of Public Health, MPH
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine
Fellowship, Family Planning, Columbia University
Karla Maguire, MD, MPH, is a board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist in Women’s Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin, and a part of UT Health Austin's Pregnancy Loss Management care team. Additionally, Dr. Maguire is an associate professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health.
Dr. Maguire earned her medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and her master’s in public health from Columbia Mailman School of Public Health. She completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Baylor College of Medicine and a fellowship in family planning at Columbia University.
Dr. Maguire previously served as the interim Generalist Division Director and the Director of the Ryan Residency Training Program for the University of Miami Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences. Her research interests include intrauterine devices and contraception/preventative health screenings in underserved populations.
Dr. Maguire is an obstetrician-gynecologist with UT Health Austin.
- Obstetrical and gynecologic services
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards & Honors
- Administrative Chief Resident, Baylor College of Medicine Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence, University of Miami Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences
- Outstanding Researcher Award, Reproductive Health Meeting
- Resident Research Day Award Winner, University of Miami Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences
- Thomas V. Sedlacek, MD, Prize for Best Clinical Research Abstract, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Annual Meeting