Katherine Kohls, MD
Anesthesiologist, Comprehensive Fetal Care Center
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, MD
The University of Texas Austin, BA
Residency, Anesthesiology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Katherine Kohls, MD, is a board-certified anesthesiologist in the Comprehensive Fetal Care Center, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. She specializes in administering anesthesia for pregnant mothers undergoing complex fetal surgery. Additionally, Dr. Kohls is an affiliate faculty member in the Dell Medical School Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care.
Dr. Kohls earned her medical degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and her bachelor’s from The University of Texas at Austin. She completed a residency in anesthesiology at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, where she served as chief resident during her final year.
Dr. Kohls serves as the Assistant Chief of Anesthesiology for Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin, where she also serves on the Ambulatory Medicine and Critical Care Peer Review Council, the Maternal Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program, the Perinatal Safety Committee, the Women’s Health and Perinatal Profession Practice Evaluation Committee, and the Women’s Health Enhanced Recovery Protocol Committee. She has participated in multiple clinical and quality committees involving obstetrics and more and serves on the Central Texas Clinical Governance Board, the Clinical Quality Committee, and the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Advisory Committee for U.S. Anesthesia Partners. She is an adjunct assistant professor at Texas A&M School of Medicine.
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology
Awards & Honors
- Chief Resident, The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio Department of Anesthesiology
- Clinical Education Committee, The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio Department of Anesthesiology
- Maurice S. Albin, MD, MSc, Outstanding Anesthesia Resident Award
- Resident Representative for Physicians Advocating for Patients, National Conference of State Legislatures Summit
- Summer Premedical Academy Mentor, The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio Department of Anesthesiology