Hindi, Spanish, Telugu
Kurnool Medical College, India, MD
Residency, Internal Medicine, Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
Kavitha Kumbum, MD, is a board-certified gastroenterologist and hepatologist in Digestive Health, a clinical partnership between and Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin. She specializes in general gastroenterology with a focus on esophageal and small bowel disorders. Additionally, Dr. Kumbum is an assistant professor and serves as the Faculty Lead for the GI Residency Program in the Dell Medical School Department of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Kumbum earned her medical degree from Kurnool Medical College in India, with a 4th year clinical rotation at Staten Island University Hospital and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia. She completed a residency in internal medicine as well as a fellowship in gastroenterology at the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center.
Dr. Kumbum has a special interest in resident education and serves as the faculty lead for the gastroenterology curriculum for internal medicine residents. She is also a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterology Association, and the American Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy.
Dr. Kumbum is a gastroenterologist with UT Health Austin.
- Capsule endoscopy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, including single balloon enteroscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), including sphincterotomy and stent placement
- Esophageal and colonic dilatation
- Esophageal and other intestinal stent placement
- Esophageal manometry
- Esophageal pH testing
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology