Kimberly Krauklis, APRN
Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, PMC
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, MSN
Kimberly Krauklis, APRN, is a licensed acute care pediatric nurse practitioner for the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. She specializes in the perioperative care of patients with congenital heart disease.
Kimberly Krauklis earned her master’s in nursing from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and her bachelor’s in nursing from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, where she received high distinction. She also earned a post-master’s certificate as a pediatric nurse practitioner in acute care from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
Kimberly Krauklis’ research interests involve assessing neurodevelopment in congenital heart disease. She is actively involved in the Single Ventricle Program, Anomalous Aortic Origin of Coronary Artery Program, and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program at Dell Children’s. She is a member of the Texas Nurse Practitioners Association, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and Sigma Theta Tau International, and she was awarded Nurse Practitioner of the Year during her time at Texas Children’s Hospital.
Kimberly Krauklis is an acute care pediatric nurse practitioner with UT Health Austin.
- Pre-and post-surgery care for adults and children
- American Heart Association, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Registered Nurse
Awards & Honors
- Texas Children’s Hospital Nurse Practitioner of the Year
- March of Dimes Student Nurse Excellence Award