The University of Virginia School of Medicine, MD
University of Georgia, BM, Music Performance
Residency, Obstetrics-Gynecology, MedStar Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital
Fellowship, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
Lauren Caldwell, MD, is a board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist in Women’s Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin. She specializes in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of various urogynecologic and pelvic conditions. Additionally, she is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health.
Dr. Caldwell received her bachelor’s degree in music performance with honors from the University of Georgia in Athens. She earned her medical degree at The University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville. Dr. Caldwell completed her residency in obstetrics-gynecology at MedStar Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, and her fellowship in female pelvic and reconstructive surgery at The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School.
Dr. Caldwell is an ardent clinical instructor and researcher. She has also published multiple journal articles and abstracts and presented at conferences locally, regionally, and nationally. Additionally, she is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Urogynecologic Society, the Travis County Medical Society, the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons, and the International Urogynecological Association.
Dr. Caldwell is a female pelvic and reconstructive surgeon with Ascension Medical Group.
- Pelvic health and medicine
- Pelvic reconstruction
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards & Honors
- Editors’ Pick Article, Obstetrics & Gynecology, “Women’s Experience of Their First Sexual Encounter After Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery”
- First Place Trainee Presentation for Clinical Science, Duke KURe Multidisciplinary Benign Urology Research Symposium
- Clinical Learning Environment Award, Dell Medical School
- Award for Excellence in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, MedStar Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital
- Luis Sanz Award for Excellence in Gynecological Surgery, MedStar Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Award for Outstanding Performance in Maternal Fetal Medicine, MedStar Washington Hospital Center/Georgetown University Hospital
Women's Health - Urogynecology - UT Health Austin
Health Transformation Building
1601 Trinity Street, Bldg. A, 9th Floor
Austin, TX 78712
View On Map
Women's Health - Urogynecology - Medical Park Tower
Ascension Medical Group Seton Women's Health
1301 W. 38th St., Suite 600
Austin, TX 78705
View On Map
Women's Health - Urogynecology - Williamson
Ascension Medical Group Seton Women’s Health
301 Seton Parkway, Suite 407
Round Rock, TX 78665
View On Map