Margaret Whitney, MD, NCMP
Obstetrician-Gynecologist, Women's Health
Conversational Spanish, French
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, MD
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Fellowship, Advanced Pelvic Surgery, Emory School of Medicine
Margaret Whitney, MD, NCMP, is a board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist in Women’s Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin. She specializes in vulvar disorders, menopause, and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. Additionally, Dr. Whitney is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health.
Dr. Whitney earned her medical degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, where she served on inpatient and outpatient quality committees, including reducing first birth cesarean sections.
Dr. Whitney’s current research involves vulvar disorders, perioperative care, and quality improvement in health care.
Dr. Whitney is an obstetrician-gynecologist with UT Health Austin.
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Obstetrical and gynecologic services
- Vulvar disorders
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards & Honors
- Medical Student Teaching Award
- MVP Quality Award for Reducing First Birth Cesarean Sections
- Recognition of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists