Showa University School of Medicine, MD
Showa University School of Medicine, PhD
Internship and Residency, General Surgery, Showa University School of Medicine
Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Showa University Hospital
Fellowship, Postdoctoral Research, Johns Hopkins Hospital
Fellowship, Cardiovascular Surgery, Texas Heart Institute
Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Transplant and MCS, Texas Heart Institute, Texas Heart Institute
Masahiro Ono, MD, is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon with the Institute for Cardiovascular Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin. Dr. Ono has a special interest in utilizing a multidisciplinary approach and cutting-edge techniques to help patients with complex cardiovascular diagnoses. He strives to provide compassionate and comprehensive care for his patients. Additionally, Dr. Ono serves as Assistant Professor of Medicine, Surgical Director of Heart Transplantation, and Surgical Directory of Mechanical Circulatory Support in the Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care at The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School.
Dr. Ono earned his medical degree, PhD, and completed his internship, residency, and fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Showa University School of Medicine. He completed an additional three fellowships in Research from Johns Hopkins, Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiothoracic Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support (MCS) from the Texas Heart Institute.
Dr. Ono holds memberships in the following Societies: Japanese Surgical Society, the Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery, the Japanese Society for Cardiovascular Surgery, the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT), and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
Dr. Ono enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and trying new foods outside the office.
Dr. Ono is a cardiothoracic surgeon with UT Health Austin.
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certification
- Japanese Board Certified Surgeon
- Japanese Board Certified Cardiovascular Surgeon
- Texas Medical License
- UNOS Certified Thoracic Organ Recovery Surgeon
- UNOS Certified Heart Transplant Surgeon
- UNOS Certified Lung Transplant Surgeon
Awards & Honors
- Chief Award to an Outstanding Faculty Member Selected by the Graduating Chief Residents in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine
- Branislav Radovancevic Memorial Fellowship Grant Award, International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation (ISHLT), 34th Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, San Diego, CA
- Academic Award, 14th Annual ACCM Research Day, Johns Hopkins, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (ACCM)
- Prize Winner, 17th Annual Anselm Talalay Vincent Gott Cardiac Research, Johns Hopkins Hospital Division of Cardiac Surgery
- Showa Medical Association Academic Award, 57th Showa Medical Association Annual Meeting, Tokyo, Japan
- Young Investigator Award, 16th Asia Society for Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Annual Meeting, Singapore