Hindi, Marathi, Tamil
Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, MD
Internship, Pediatrics, University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey
Residency, General Surgery, B.Y.L Nair Charitable Hospital/Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai
Residency, Pediatrics, Austin Medical Education Programs
Meena Iyer, MD, is a board-certified pediatric hospitalist in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. She specializes in the acute care of hospitalized children and the coordination of care of pediatric patients with complex medical conditions during their hospitalization. Additionally, Dr. Iyer is an assistant professor and serves as the Associate Chair for Clinical Affairs for the Dell Medical School Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Iyer earned her medical degree from Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai in Maharashtra, India. She completed an internship in pediatrics at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, a residency in general surgery at B.Y.L Nair Charitable Hospital/Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai in Maharashtra, India, and a second residency in pediatrics at Austin Medical Education Programs.
Dr. Iyer serves as the Chief Medical Officer for Dell Children’s Medical Center, where she is also a part of the Pediatric Consultation and Referral Service team. Her clinical interests include quality improvement, improving interpersonal communication, patient experience, and safety. She enjoys bedside clinical teaching and has mentored many learners who have become accomplished pediatricians across the country. She is also a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Society of Hospital Medicine, the Texas Indo American Physician Society, and the Travis County Medical Society.
Dr. Iyer is a pediatric hospitalist with Dell Children's Medical Center.
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Bill Aston Award for Quality
- Faculty of the Year Teaching Award, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston Department of Pediatrics
- Faculty of the Year Teaching Award, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center – Austin Department of Pediatrics
- Physician Excellence Award, Choosing Wisely STARS (Students and Trainees Advocating for Resource Stewardship)
- Network Quality Award
- Nursing Award for Interprofessional Communication, The University of Texas at Austin
- Quality Improvement Award, Texas Hospital Association