Michael Nix, MD
Obstetrician-Gynecologist, Women's Health
Obstetrician-Gynecologist, Comprehensive Fetal Care Center
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, MD
Texas Tech University, BS, Zoology
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Michael Nix, MD, is a board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist in both Women's Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin, and the Comprehensive Fetal Care Center, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in complex obstetrics. Additionally, Dr. Nix is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health.
Dr. Nix earned his medical degree from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and his bachelor’s in zoology from Texas Tech University. He completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Nix serves the Director of the Specialized Labor and Delivery Unit at Dell Children’s Medical Center and a is member of the national Perinatal Steering Committee for Ascension Health. He is also the immediate past Chair of the Ascension Texas Council for Women’s Health and Neonatal Clinical Care. His clinical and research interests focus on patient safety, and he uses simulation technology to teach clinical teams how to improve their responses during obstetrical emergencies. He has published several articles and lectured at regional and national levels.
Dr. Nix is an obstetrician-gynecologist with Ascension Medical Group Seton Women’s Health.
- Obstetric team training and simulation
- Operative vaginal delivery
- Patient safety, quality assurance, and performance improvement
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards & Honors
- Certificate of Achievement for Service, University Medical Center Brackenridge
- Faculty Teaching Award, Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health
- Robert Cefalo Leadership Institute, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Third-Year Resident Teaching Award, The University of Texas Southwestern Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology