Southern Methodist University, BS, Biology
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, MD
Residency, Pediatrics, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Michael Perez, MD, is a board-certified pediatric cardiologist in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in cardiology care and treatment for children.
Dr. Perez attended Southern Methodist University, where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Biology where he graduated with distinction in Biological Sciences and Magna Cum Laude. He earned his medical degree from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Dr. Perez completed both his residency in pediatrics and fellowship in pediatric cardiology at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Perez has presented at multiple national conferences, as well as performed research, and instructed medical students. In addition, he was featured in People Magazine and Good Morning America for having diagnosed a rare heart condition in a toddler. He is a member of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Perez is a pediatric cardiologist with Pediatric Cardiology of Austin.
- Pediatric cardiology
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatric, Pediatric Cardiology
Awards & Honors
- Southern Society for Pediatric Research/American Pediatric Association Trainee Travel Award
- Hispanic American Medical Association of Houston Scholarship for Outstanding Performance in Medical School
- Graduate with Distinction in Biological Sciences; Southern Methodist University in Dallas