The University of Texas at Austin, MSN
The University of Texas at Austin, MSSW, Clinical Social Work
Rachel Alhanti, LCSW, APRN, PMHNP-BC, licensed pediatric psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children's, a clinical partnership between Dell Children's Medical Center and UT Health Austin. She specializes in working with pediatric patients with mood disorders, anxiety, psychotic disorders, and developmental disabilities.
Rachel Alhanti earned both her master’s degree in nursing and her master’s degree in social work from The University of Texas at Austin, where she also completed the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner program. While completing her master’s in nursing, she was involved in research to address racial health inequities and develop community-based wellness programs. She also completed an internship for social workers at Austin State Hospital and an internship for psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners at Ascension Seton Shoal Creek and Austin Child Guidance Center.
Rachel Alhanti is passionate about family-centered care and working with patients that have experienced trauma. She has extensive experience in providing patient care in both inpatient psychiatric settings and public mental health care settings. She blends her former experience as a clinical social worker with her current role as an advanced pediatric psychiatric nurse practitioner to provide holistic mental health care.
Rachel Alhanti is a pediatric psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner with UT Health Austin.
- Developmental disabilities
- Mood disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Texas Board of Nursing, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Texas Board of Nursing, Registered Nurse
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Awards & Honors
- St. David’s Bilingual Scholar, The University of Texas at Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work
- Integrated Behavioral Health Scholar, The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing