Drexel University, Dual MSN, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute and Primary Care
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, BSN
Rebecca Byars, MSN, RN, APRN, CPNP-AC/PC, is a licensed acute care pediatric nurse practitioner in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. She specializes in the critical care of infants and children with pediatric and congenital heart disease. Additionally, Rebecca Byars is an advanced practice nurse in the Dell Medical School Department of Pediatrics.
Rebecca Byars earned her dual master’s degrees in nursing from the School of Nursing at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and her bachelor’s in nursing with honors from Drexel University. She is also a certified acute care pediatric nurse practitioner and a certified primary care pediatric nurse practitioner.
Rebecca Byars’ clinical interests include care of the premature neonate with congenital heart disease. In 2017, her abstract for “The Use of Morphine or Methadone in the Treatment of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome” was chosen for podium presentation at Drexel University’s Annual Evidence Based Practice Colloquium. She has been nominated for both Seton Nurse of the Year and the Texas Nurses Association District 5 “Fab 5” and has been awarded the Seton SMART Award for demonstrating sensitivity, mentoring, accountability, respect, and teamwork as well as the Seton Outstanding Preceptor Award. She is also a member of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Texas Nurse Practitioners, and the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Rebecca Byars is an acute care pediatric nurse practitioner with UT Health Austin.
- Critical care of infants and children with pediatric and congenital heart disease
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Registered Nurse
Awards & Honors
- District 5 “Fab 5” Nominee, Texas Nurses Association
- Nurse of the Year Nominee, Seton
- Outstanding Preceptor Award, Seton
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- SMART Award, Seton