Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, MD
University of California, San Diego, BA, Biochemistry & Cell Biology
Residency, Pediatrics Neurology, University of California, San Francisco
Stephen R. Deputy, MD, is a board-certified pediatric neurologist in UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s, a clinical partnership between Dell Children's Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in caring for children with neurological disorders. Additionally, Dr. Deputy is a professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Neurology.
Dr. Deputy earned his medical degree from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and his bachelor’s in biochemistry and cell biology from the University of California, San Diego. He completed a residency in pediatric neurology at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Deputy formerly served as the Clerkship Director for Neurology at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, where he practiced for 24 years. His clinical and research interests include most disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system, though he has a special interest in pediatric movement disorders. He enjoys teaching medical students, neurology residents, pediatrics residents, and child neurology residents about basic neurosciences, neuroanatomy, and clinical pediatric neurology.
Dr. Deputy is a pediatric neurologist with UT Health Austin.
- Child neurology education
- Pediatric movement disorders
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Child Neurology
Awards & Honors
- Dr. Allen Copping Award for Excellence in Teaching, Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Nicholas Gagliano Pediatrics Outstanding Faculty Award, Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Top Physician, Consumers’ Research Council of America