Taryn Sheldon, PA-C
Advanced Practice Provider, Institute for Cardiovascular Health
The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, MPAS
Texas A&M University, BS, Molecular and Experimental Nutrition
Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant, DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston Methodist Hospital, Texas Medical Center
Taryn Sheldon, PA-C, is a board-certified surgical physician assistant with the Institute for Cardiovascular Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin. She has over ten years of physician assistant surgical experience in adult cardiothoracic surgery.
Taryn Sheldon earned a master's degree in physician assistant studies from The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston after completing a bachelor's degree in molecular and experimental nutrition from Texas A&M University. She also completed a post-graduate fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery physician assistant studies at the Houston Methodist Hospital Debakey Heart and Vascular Center.
Taryn Sheldon is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the Association of Physician Assistants, and the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
Taryn Sheldon is a surgical physician assistant with UT Health Austin.
- First and second assistant for various complex cardiac cases
- Inpatient management in ICU
- Operating room preparation
- Outpatient management pre- and post-operative
- State of Texas Physician Assistant Board
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Awards & Honors
- Faculty Award for Clinical Excellence , The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston Department of Physician Assistant Studies