Linda "Annie" Feagins, MD
Director, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Digestive Health
Gastroenterologist, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Digestive Health
Baylor College of Medicine, MD
Residency, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Fellowship, Gastroenterology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Linda "Annie" Feagins, MD, is a board-certified gastroenterologist and the Director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease clinical practice within Digestive Health, a clinical partnership between Ascension Seton and UT Health Austin. She specializes in inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), providing care for patients with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and indeterminate colitis. Additionally, Dr. Feagins is an associate professor for the Dell Medical School Department of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Feagins earned dual bachelor’s degrees in biomedical engineering and molecular biology from Vanderbilt University and her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine. She completed both a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in gastroenterology at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Feagins strives to improve the care for her patients through research and education. She has been active nationally, serving on several National Scientific Advisory Committees for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, serving on the FDA Related Matters Committee for the American College of Gastroenterology, and spotlighting the latest research by serving on the Digestive Disease Week Abstract Selection Committee for the American Gastroenterological Association. She also served 5 years on the Gastrointestinal Drug Advisory Board for the FDA when several of the recently approved drugs for inflammatory bowel disease were undergoing review. Her research interests include conducting clinical trials of new therapies for IBD as well as numerous investigator-initiated clinical trials and observational studies. Currently, she has several studies underway including projects investigating diet in IBD, reducing complications of treating IBD, and improving IBD care from a population level in Austin.
Dr. Feagins is a gastroenterologist with UT Health Austin.
- Crohn's disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease trials
- Microscopic colitis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Upper endoscopy
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
Awards & Honors
- Academic Skills Workshop, American Gastroenterology Association
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation National Visiting Fellow, IBD Program, University of California, San Francisco
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
- Fellow, American Gastroenterology Association
- Fellow Travel Award, Gastroenterology Research Group/American Gastroenterology Association
- LEAD Program, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- NIH T32 Trainee, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Women’s Leadership Conference, American Gastroenterology Association
Health Transformation Building
1601 Trinity Street, Bldg. A
Austin, TX 78712
View On Map